Thursday 12 July 2012

My Dare to Dream

I want, I want, I want...
  • I want my own interior design and brand development business where I am sought out by businesses and homeowners alike to renovate and remodel homes and workplaces
  • I want real client interaction in which we really explore the requirements and desires for businesses and homes alike
  • I want the job satisfaction of positivley inflencing clients homes and businesses for the better
  • I want put to use my business and sociological education to use by combining interior with brand develeopment
  • I want to work with Davey, who I love more than anything and who I miss daily
  • I want flexibility and excitement in my life
  • I want to take the dog to work
  • I want to organise my own schedule to have a good life work balance
  • I want to profit from my success, dedication and passion
  • I want to be happy in my job
  • I want good client relationships
[Please try not to read the above in the voice of Veruca Salt (from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- Original film) this started as an 'I would like' list but it just didn't seem passionate enough]

All of the above has always seemed totally unachievable, like a distant dream that 'other' people can acomplish. However the Secret has allowed me to think about what might be possible and allowed my confidence in myself and my abilities to grow. 
The more I think about it the more I realise just how many people successfully run their own businesses.
Its taken a lot of searching and intraspective to start to let go of the fear I automitically feal when I think about 'going it alone' however slowly but surely I have begun to realise that Dave and I have as good a chance as anyone and I have started to belive that we can have the lives we want. Its within our grasp. We've got just to be brave, trust in each other and look after each other.  
I don't know if it's more confidence in myself since changing jobs, the fact that Dave's confidence and drive make it seem more possible or the fact that The Secret has convinced me that all perceived barriers were put there by me, but I do dare to dream now.
Today I am grateful for this blog, its little more than an online diary but it has done wonders for my focus and motivation.

Thank you google Blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment